Friday 9 November 2012

Baby 66(6)- *Insert Evil laugh here*

Well it’s Sunday morning, and it’s time for a few more birthdays! Hela and Frigga are close, like usual and both have grown into beautiful people. Frigga was the leader still, and Hela was the brains behind their every plot. But she was very introverted and preferred to stay out of all her sister’s crazy plans- the kind that had almost gotten them in trouble as teens. But there is one plan she has never given up on, and that is their shared dream to become explorers and see the world. Screenshot-11Baldur is now a child as well, and his wings are so small and adorable and he’s a lovely colour, which matches his hair. Most of him come from his father, but he got my ears, and possibly my lips, but I am not too sure just yet. Screenshot-12The rest of the family stayed at the current age, and –as usual- the oldest moved out. I pulled them into a hug and they walked out into a life full of adventure, and foreign lands. Everything I wanted to do when I was that age, and almost did. I came back though, and started the challenge. Screenshot-15As I walk back into the house, I hear a loud barking from my room. I open the door to see a large, fuzzy dog (who looks more like a bear in my opinion) sitting calmly on the floor by my fire. He has a note attached to his collar, which basically says that he is mine, as a going away present from the girls. Screenshot-14I cannot help myself, and tears spring to my eyes. Annie walks in, ever the adventurous child and starts patting and touching the dog. She seems to like him, and by the dog’s face the sentiment is returned. If dogs can have facial expressions that is… I would assume they can. Because this one does. Screenshot-8Quickly enough it was time for Fenrir and Baldur to go to school on that Monday morning. I had nothing to do except mope about the house. All the chores had been done and it wasn’t lunch for another couple of hours. So, acting on a rash decision I called a sitter for the toddlers, pulled on a pair of boots and went out. Screenshot-7I ended up at the salon, and walked in. I think it was time for a change in my life, and while Paisley was a huge part of that, I felt I needed a new look to go with it. I sat in the chair with the stylist (also my son) behind me. “Just do what you like with it. I feel like a new look.” I say, and close my eyes so they can do their magic without the surprise being spoilt. Screenshot-34I open my eyes not long later and the shock is unbelievable. My hair is now short, much shorter than before and green with pink highlights. Those I requested in honour of October being breast caner month. “If you will follow us this way mother, I can give you a change of outfit as well.” says Autumn and I follow him into the neighbouring room. Screenshot-35I check my new outfit out in the mirror and I cannot help but be a little impressed with the result.Screenshot-36While I was out I decided it was time to scout out the next father. I went to the park and met Dylan Stone. He was a room-mate of Average Joe, one of my previous fathers. So, after taking down his number, I drive to his house to check with his room-mate if it is okay to have them in my challenge. “So, is it?” I ask him, after trailing through a long and extended explanation. “You have to ask them not me sweetie. I’m not sleeping with them for you.” he says, patronising. Pfft. Typical man.
I sent Dylan a text, saying we were good to go, and asked him if he wanted to go to my place or his. We decided to go to mine so that he could go home to make himself presentable before coming over. So, I return and let the babysitter go home before sitting around for a while. I cook up a bottle for the toddlers, and get on with teaching Parker to talk for a while. Or I try to. The cats seem to want to join in the lesson, and keep meowing along to us talking. Parker, of course keeps getting distracted by them, so eventually I give in and feed them.Screenshot-26With the day’s lessons over, I decide to make lunch for Dylan and I before he arrives, it is only common courtesy after all. So I spend fifteen minutes preparing some lobster and then stick it in the oven.
I have around ten minutes left until he is set to arrive, so I put all the toddlers down for a nap. I can hardly believe that it is only twelve o’clock, I sure am being productive today.
He arrives and we eat a meal at the dinner table, like civilised humans. Then, in a sudden burst of boldness on his part dinner is forgotten and we make out way to baby making. Like the rabbits we are. I know on the first try that I’m not pregnant, so we repeat the process and then I’m sure I am.










As he leaves, he takes my hands in his and says, “Thank you for the wonderful afternoon. Could I… see you again some time?” I sigh, and let go of his hand.
“No. Not by any fault on your half; I’m already with someone, Dylan. You are a lovely man, and someone out there will love you. Heck, without my… I’d love to be friends though. Text me some time and we can meet up. And if you like me that much, I think I’ve got a few kiddos who are pretty similar to me you might like.”  he nods okay and leaves, looking a bit dejected. As he gets into his car and turns around I shoot him a quick ‘call-me ‘ sign and he giggles.
After he leaves I get on with a few tasks I’ve been putting off. Cleaning out the dryer lint, upgrading the washing machine and teaching the toddlers their skills. Some things are… easier than others.
The machinery gives me to trouble, but Beckett refuses to learn anything, and Annie isn’t the best at walking. Parker was half way to learning to talk, so I start with her; finishing that off, and then moving on to walking and the dreaded potty.
I've finished teaching Parker and Annie by the time Fenrir and Baldur get home. I chat with Fen for a while, before he goes and does his homework. Baldur has none, which is a nice change so instead he goes and invents in the workshop barn. 
It has been a long time since any of my children were inventors, I think he may even be the first. Either way, I love seeing all the gadgets and gizmos he manages to whip up. My favourite is the one he made just that evening. He created a harvesting machine, which made gardening much easier. That night I harvested some things from my garden and used them to make dinner. Fenrir decided to help with cooking, and I was incredibly grateful. It was an opportunity for us to bond like we never have before. So we cook together in companionable silence. 
Of course, him being who he is there is always a catch. Today, he wished to become a teenager. I accepted, and after dinner he aged up in a miniature party.
He turns out to be quite a handsome teenager, and he's sure he will get lots of friends at school. He changes his hair to be quite SOMETHING I FORGOT and most days wears a Plants vs Zombies T-shirt (SPONSOR! as the YouTube vloggers say. :P) 
That night, in bed I am woken temporarily by the arrival of a baby bump under my pyjamas. It is not long before I am back asleep however, in another very unusual dream. 
I wake up in a house much like the one I had dreamed of owning after my challenge. It was much more unusual though, walls were patterned wrong and there was something off about the carpet under my feet. Don't ask me what, I couldn't tell you.
"Oh. There you are. How's the baby?" asks a voice from a room off the side. I look down at my stomach, there is a slight baby bump there. What is going on? A pink haired head pokes around the door, "Skye?" I'm powerless in this dream, as much as I want to slap the woman in front of me I find myself responding. "Fine. She's very active tonight. I think she's about to arrive." 
As if on queue a trickle of liquid drips between my legs and a fierce pain rips through me. "Ellie. Help." I whimper. Then I collapse. 
The rest of the night is foggy. Flashes of panic. Doctors around me. Then I'm under anesthetic. There is Paisley, in my drugged dream. She looks like she did when she was in College, and I first fell for her but her hair is still her new orange. This is certainly a dream. Or do I just not remember?"Paisley! What's going on? Where am I? Why is Ellie here?" Only now in my dream within a dream am I able to control my voice and body. 
"Oh Skye." she says, sadly. "This is... something of an alternate world. Here, I'm dead and Eloise stayed with you. It was... my tumor so long ago. They never could operate." she walks over, kisses my head and I can feel myself being roused from my dream. 
"Mrs Honette? Can you tell my who you are?" asks a doctor. "My daughter. Where's my daughter?" I scream. The doctors and all their questions ignored. Eloise bursts through the door, her hair a mess, and shoves the doctors away, a small wrapped bundle in her arms. Behind her, at a more sedate pace follows Jesse, carrying a similarly wrapped blanket. Paisley's former boyfriend and the child of my challenge I always felt closest to for it. 
"She's here Skye. We didn't name her yet." I pull the child closer to me. Jesse sits down on the other side of my bed with the other child. I take Eloise's  child and hold her close. "Bridget." I say. "Her name is Bridget."  I look down at the child in Jesse's arms. "Artemis." I say, suddenly tired. 
Then another burst of pain flickers across my chest. The beeping behind me stops. Everything goes black again. "She's gone into cardiac arrest. Something must have gone wrong." is the last thing I hear.  I wake up in bed, a horrible pain in my stomach region. The baby is coming. The final day of my pregnancy had been tough. I spent most of the day dipping in and out of sleep as the world wandered on around me.
Not long later, I welcomed into the world baby 66, Haven Everard!

2 comments:

  1. Mindfuck.

    More like a bear than a dog? Where have I heard that?

    Jolly good post! DON'T STOP!

    ~Lorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Where have you heard it before?

      And... um... I think you missed the point of this post.

      -Skye

      Delete